Monday, October 12, 2009

So yesterday, I started out inspired and full of enthusiasm to make a card, and what do ya know - I make the same ole design....boring! I think it needs something but, what???
















I even used the same sentiment inside the card as previously, however, I do think it suits!















cardstock is SU - whisper white and brocade blue, paper is Provocraft (baby shower), image is SU rainy days, sentiment is TAC, ink is SU going grey and brocade blue. Coloured in with my coloured pencils


After making the card, I had a lookie at something I started a couple of months ago - a little recipe album for one of my nieces for Christmas. I had some Teresa Collins paper that really appealed to me, and I feel red always looks effective on black & white. It's still not finished - I need to dig out my bind-it-all and do the binding. (So we have to 'pretend' its bound so you can get an overall image of what is should look like...)













Hindsight being what it is, I should have used a deep green to go with the colours already in the paper - I will next time. Next time, I will also NOT use my old creative memories alpha stickers, but something a bit more modern/stylie looking, and mat the front 'RECIPE' so it doesn't look lost/floating in mid air. The next mini album will be better....promise.
I do like the size though - the BIA covers fitted index cards I got from Warehouse Stationery - I did have to cut some plain white cardstock for the tabbed pages - they only had lined.
Its a great size for lots of things - mini albums, autograph books, recipe books, doodle books, and the like.

Anyway, that's all from me tonite. Again, feel free to post all constructive criticism - please!

Jamey

No comments:

Post a Comment