Sunday, December 6, 2009

Starting to feel Christmassy at my house - the tree is up, decorated, nativity scenes dusted off and set up, countdown calendar is counting down the sleeps, strange shaped parcels are being hidden, ham ordered, carols being played, and I'm checking out Christmas cake recipes!

I started a new project today in my quiet time (is there such a thing in my house?) Something I purchased last year specifically for Christmas 2008, and never got around to starting, so I bit the bullet and just did it.
















































This kit came out last year, from NZ Scrapbooks using Kaisercraft products - 5 gingerbread men, the Christmas papers, the wood embellishments, paint, rubons and other bits & peices. I had a play, and changed a few ribbons & buttons - but basically kept it the same. I will continue to play around with those things though before I actually stick them down, and draw on the faces etc, but it is a garland to string up.  Obviously haven't finished it yet, but I plan to do so this week and have it up hanging - where, I dunno yet - but I WILL finish it. (One of my failings - and I have many - is that I start things, but don't always finish them!)

I also have to do some more cards - finished the 14 I started a couple of weeks ago. I won some blog candy a few weeks ago, and am enjoying the bits and pieces from there. But tonight, when P is in bed, I will write them up and will send them off tormorrow. I made a promise to myself on the 1 December, that I will do something Christmassy every day - and so far, I have! But real life does intrude - so P needs to go to bed, the washing folded and the dishwasher stacked, and I have a couple of auctions coming due on trademe.....

Jamey

3 comments:

  1. These look lovely Jamey - I hope you take a photo of them finished and haning up for me to see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unique!! I love what you've done with them so far! And reading all that you've gotten done at the beginning of the post wore me out! LOL Thanks for sharing this great project! Can't wait to see it finished. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Jamie I do like your gingerbread men and thanks for the shopping tips. I found some craftworks photo splits at the Lincoln rd warehouse yesterday.New Lynn branch hasn't had any for a while now.

    ReplyDelete