Sunday, September 13, 2009

I didn't get a chance to sit and play today - I did something even betterer....

Megan, at Betterscrapbooking occassionally has a See It!! Try It!! afternoon, where she has new tools that she demos and we get to play with! In the past, she has done demos on the Bind-it-all, Crop-a-dile, and the Making Memories slice machine. A great way to see things in action before outlaying the funds for the bigger, major scrapbooking necessities. And, another way to tempt me into spending my husband's hard earned money!

Today, we made these....














Little purses with folded pockets in.
Been there, done that you say.... but if you look closer.....















 you can see that we used the Making Memories Tag Maker AND the Imaginisce I-Top tool - very cool!

This is the first time I have used both tools, and, for the record, I am impressed with the I-Top. You can make your own brads, 3 different sizes - and, you don't have to use just paper, you can use felt and fabric as well! The tag maker can make differents sizes and shapes of tags - ovals, hearts, rectangles etc and the frames come in different colours and finishes - silver and glitter included.

Both of these items are available for purchase from Megan (yes, a shameless plug for her)
 I like the fact that Megan has these afternoons - she even throws in a cuppa tea AND homemade cupcakes - and you get to play with cool tools. But, that's not all Megan does - she has her scrap packs as well. A monthly kit she sends out direct to your doorstep with cardstock, paper, embellishments etc and an idea sheet. You don't even need to leave home to spend your husband's hard earned money!

So, while I made a 'purse' for me, Megan whipped up another one for my daughter. Her one (minus the tag) is currently in use by her doll Lissi, and is filled with keys and other treasures that girls and their dolls need!

Check out Megan's place, she has treasures galore - new products, papers & cardstock, embellishments, stamps, and other delights from Making Memories, Bazzill, Imaginisce, WRMK, Doodlebug etc

Well, when I was out playing, hubby was too. So, fresh fish for tea...yum! But, I have found out, that fresh fish does not cook itself......so, until next time, luv & kisses

Jamey

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely afternoon Jamey and a very productive one too. A lovely purse and I like the idea of a brad maker - very cool :-).
    Yum....fresh fish for tea - was it snapper??

    ReplyDelete