Sunday, September 27, 2009

Did ya miss me?? Last weekend was soooooo busy - sports, birthdays (not mine!), and my middle son was in the Battle of Britain parade - 69th - at the Auckland museum with his ATC squadron.
So, I actually had no time to myself to play or create.

This weekend, however, I had to make a sympathy card - and they are not much fun to make. I wanted it simple and not fussy, but not 'heavy' either IYKWIM
This is what I made, and it is a direct copy off someone else, but for the life of me I cannot remember. I was surfing blogs one day, many months ago and I saw this card. The 'creator' used the Bird Call cuttlebug embossing folder, and just a simple text up the top. I would love to post who it was, a name or a link to her blog, but I truely cannot remember.







































I liked how it came out - simple, but classy, not fussy.
The card is actually made for a guy whose wife is terminal and does not have much time left. I know, that when we do hear of her passing, I will not want to make a card there and then, so I made it now. (I actually made 2 of them, just different colours)



















Both cards use the cuttlebug embossing folder - Bird Call
Both cards use SU stamps, cardstock & ink - Old Olive, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla.

After making these, I felt the need to make something a little bit happier & cheerful, and as today was the start of daylight savings (yay!) I used for the first time - Whiff of Joy - Willow (I think.)



















I coloured her in, using my usual coloured pencils, and then looked through my patterned paper stash for something to match. I probably should have looked at paper first, then coloured! I actually got this paper from a craft magazine - it was the freebie giveaway. Bit I like it! And then, ever betterer, I found a paper flower that actually matched - go figure! I used some little Kaiser bling in the middle for a bit of oomph. I like the way she turned out.



















Well, thats all for tonight.
Would love to know what you think of the cards....

Jamey







1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards again Jamey. The sympathy ones are just perfect - great idea. I have often thought it would be a good idea to make a few of these to have on hand when needed because as you say, when you need them, it can take away your creative juices.

    ReplyDelete